The Canadian Typing Speed test measures the speed and accuracy of a user's typing. The test presents the user with a passage which he/she must type as accurately and quickly as he/she can. This test should be given to anyone whose typing speed needs to be measured.
A score of 0 on the Raw Words per Minute, Mistakes, and Adjusted Words per Minute indicates that the test taker did not follow the passage closely enough for an accurate score to be determined.
Number of Strokes: 1437
Stroke Intensity Mean: 5.91
Syllabic Intensity Mean: 1.54
Error Rate Conversion Table (Errors per minute/WPM):
Errors per minute allowed for 25wpm with 3% pass rate OR 40wpm with 5% pass rate:
- 25wpm – 28wpm: only 0 errors per minute allowed
- 29wpm – 44wpm: 1 error per minute or less allowed
- 45wpm – 54wpm: 2 errors per minute or less allowed
- 55wpm – 72wpm: 3 errors per minute or less allowed
- 73wpm – 90wpm: 4 errors per minute or less allowed
- 91wpm – 109wpm: 5 errors per minute or less allowed
- 110wpm – 127wpm: 6 errors per minute or less allowed